A young(ish) opera singer's random thoughts and observations.

Sunday 15 January 2012

What it's all about

Moving away from the somewhat depressing nature of my previous post, I would just like to say that rejections aside, this week has been amazingly good!

Why the change in attitude? There's nothing like performance therapy! Yesterday I had the good fortune to sing a concert with some phenomenal colleagues (both in terms of talent and fun) for an incredibly encouraging and responsive audience. Anyone who has an opportunity to perform in the Beulah United Reformed Church's concerts: count yourselves lucky! You just can't beat the atmosphere there. I've been lucky enough to sing there twice now, and both times were a confidence-boosting, rewarding experience.

To those of you who are reading this and thinking 'Who is writing this sickly-sweet drivel and what has he done with the jaded, cynical Jan we all know and love?': well, a great concert will do that to you. I'm sure I'll be back to my old self pretty soon, but for now, let me have some satisfaction ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment